Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"You try to make things work, and gain something..."

Three weeks left before I leave for Prague, and I'm already adding my third premature post. Oh well, fuck it.

Right now I'm finishing an interview I did with Negative Approach singer John Brannon, for RE/fuse, the Dutch hardcore zine I write for. It was the first time I had to do an interview with someone by e-mail, instead of talking face to face. It was tricky, to say the least, but in the end it turned out to be cool. Maybe I'll post it here in the near future.
To get in the right mood during the writing, I've been listening to 'Ready to Fight', a compilation issued in 2005 by Reptilian Records, including the 1981 demo and a few live recordings. The music is still amazing; sheer energy and aggression. John Brannons singing is stunning. Thinking back at the two reunion shows NA played in December, in the UK, I remember being amazed by Brannons voice: it sounded exactly like on the records.
I can't wait to see them perform again in Antwerp, in two weeks.

Check this page from the Kill From The Heart-website for more info and interviews.