Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back with a 'bang'.

I'm back in Prague! There is a smile on my face ever since I walked out of the airport. Yesterday morning I flew over here, and it felt like I had only been gone for a few days instead of six weeks. At the airport I met a guy from Amsterdam who was also going to Prague for a week, and he invited me to an ice hockey match, which is something I always wanted to see, but never got a chance to since there were no matches in the summer.
So, last night we saw a slightly boring game between Slavia Praha and České Budějovice, who eventually got their ass not-so-kicked during penalty's. The stadium was only half full, but the true supporters were really going for it, despite the lame atmosphere.
Ice hockey is a great game to watch, because of the elegance of the skating and the brutalness of the fight...I enjoyed it very much.

I haven't totally figured out my love affair with this city; I never expected to become so attached to this place, and so sad when forced to go back home. And now that I'm back, I feel so happy again. I don't know if it's Prague, or if it's me; so eager to explore, to discover new places, and things different from my life in Amsterdam. Living in Prague for 10 weeks, all alone, and discovering that I am perfectly capable of creating a new life somewhere else and enjoy it too, has sparked something inside me that's still there.
Anyway, I will be here 'til Wednesday; writing, shooting some extra slides for the guide, visiting some places again and of course hanging out with my friends here. Nashledanou!

No comments: