Monday, September 10, 2007

Time flies when you're too busy to have fun.

No posts for over a month, and so much has happened. The most important news of the past month is that I graduated! I turned in my thesis, entitled From the bare lake to the dreary street, on August 21st and a week later it was approved. My graduation is on September 25th, and my parents are coming to Holland to witness it.
I'm an Art Historian now (yes, I like the capitals), 'though this realization hasn't fully reached me yet. I've decided to take a short year 'off' to focus on finishing the guide and trying to get some more freelance writing jobs, but I will probably want to apply for a Master in Journalism and Media next year, at the University of Amsterdam. I think it's time for me to say goodbye to Art History and concentrate on that which truly makes me happy: writing and editing. And maybe even, in the future, I will try to get into the School of Journalism of Columbia University (NYC)....
But this is all in the future. If there's one thing I've learned the past decade, it is that my life does not let itself be contrived.

I'm flying back to Prague on Wednesday, to do some final work for my guide (and, of course, enjoy the city again). I'm looking forward to it, as I have missed it more than I imagined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mooie kaft! Gooi je je scriptie nog als pdf online?

Unknown said...

Je doet goede zaken, Miriam! Hele goede zaken!

Arja Mari said...

He ik wil ook een master journalistiek doen! Misschien. Want zo ver ben ik natuurlijk nog niet :)

Ik ben benieuwd naar je boek. Mnoho radost v Praha! (?)