Friday, November 30, 2007

Life on the road.

It has ended again.....for now. Our short tour with Tenement Kids was great; lots and lots of fun, and a few cool shows. A few cancelled ones as well, and some freezing cold nights, but who cares? You get to drive around in a van, play your music in front of total strangers, and in the end they tell you it was great and they buy your t-shirt and maybe even a 7". What more do you want? To be continued in the summer of 2008. Next up for Union Town is the wedding party of my friend Jos 'Seein' Red' on Friday, and the already legendary Powered Records/Dead & Gone-showcase in the UK the day after.

I got home this morning at 9:30, without even half an hour of sleep, but I'm still not tired. I'm lying in my bed right now, contemplating things and feeling as free as a bird: I quit my job before I left on tour, which means that I'm now officially unemployed. What lies before me is the immense freedom -and financial insecurity- of a life as a free-lance writer. I have a shrinking bank account in sight and no real plan B yet, and still I haven't felt this sure about myself in ages. My guide will be finished soon; a very exciting project is coming up......I'm excited as a little kid about the shape of things to come. 2008 will be my year of mirificare.

No comments: