Friday, December 21, 2007

Nothingness...


It took a 9,5 hour train ride to go from urban hectics to this...the great big nothing. This week I travalled from Amsterdam, through Paris, to Brittany; La Bretagne; Breizh. Every year I try to visit my parents at least twice, but this year -due to my stay in Prague- I missed the summer crazyness, when thousands of tourists visit France's most beautiful region and the small roads and little villages are crammed with cars, and people.
But in December, right before Christmas, there is nothing here. Nothing but complete and utter silence; empty beaches wherever you look, silent roads, deserted towns. Every day we walk the dogs on these endless stretches of sand, with no other company than the birds, the waves and the cold wind chastising our faces. Even now, after 29 years, I'm still amazed by it...everything here looks, feels and smells different than what I'm used to. It's like being on a different planet; a beautiful, savage, deserted planet.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geweldige foto's! Ik zou er uren kunnen zitten!